Tuesday, February 21, 2012

CM Punk vs Chris Brown

Recently WWE champion C.M. Punk and R&B superstar Chris Brown have gotten into a Twitter war. The war of words began when C.M. Punk stated that he would love to have a WrestleMania moment involving himself "curb stomping [Chris Brown]."

This lead to Chris Brown making accusations of steroid use and telling Punk to get more followers. Due to the internet altercation, Punk released a TwidVid to clear up the entire ordeal. Below is the entire transcript of the aforementioned video:

"I never intended to include Chris Brown's name in one of my Tweets to start some sort of controversy or to create publicity or anything like that. Now that he's thrown accusations my way about using steroids, I feel the need to reply. So, allow me to retort.

"I'm a life-long, proud, drug-free, straight-edge individual. So, Chris and I come from two completely different worlds. I don't have a manager. I don't have a bodyguard. I don't need a bodyguard. I don't have an assistant. I have no need for a PR team to tell me what to Tweet or when to delete Tweets. And I don't hit women. Period.

"See, in my world, women are to be revered and respected. I firmly believe that in this life, there are consequences and repercussions for your actions and I don't think Chris has paid for what he's done. Picking up trash along the highway does not make amends for repeatedly striking a woman in the face and sending her to the hospital.

"So, Chris wants to throw stones my way now and I say that's fine. But, put some gloves on and get in the ring. I will choke you out. I will make you feel as weak and as powerless and as scared as any woman who has had the misfortune of knowing a sad, cowardly, little boy such as yourself. All proceeds can go to a woman's shelter of my choosing. If you want to pick up more trash on the side of a highway to make amends -- you should donate more time. Maybe tell kids exactly what you did isn't right.

"But I'm also a realist and I know that none of these things will happen because Chris Brown isn't a man. That's fine. I just know that some day, somewhere, somehow, somebody will put Chris Brown exactly where it belongs. It honestly doesn't have to be me. I would just really like it to be."


No comments:

Post a Comment